2005 International Awards
The submission deadline for the 2005 International Awards Online submission process has been reached as of 1 March 2005 (11:59 PM EST)
Sigma Theta Tau
International honors nurses who demonstrate professional excellence.
The 2005 International Awards will be presented at the honor society's 38th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana on 12-16 November 2005.
Criteria and submission guidelines now available! Click on the awards below to review the criteria in PDF format. Online submission process opens 15 November 2004.
Deadline for entries: All entries must be received by 1 March 2005 (11:59 PM EST). Items that are unable to be uploaded through the online process must also be received by this deadline.
Exceptions: Chapter Key Award has a July 15, 2005 deadline.
Entry Fee: Each award submission requires a US$40 entry fee. Entries can be submitted in more than one category but each submission requires the US$40 entry fee.
Eligibility: Membership is not a qualification for all awards. Members of the Honor Society of Nursing board of directors or staff are ineligible. Award criteria provide additional information. Self-nominations are accepted.
- All award entries must be submitted via this online submission system. (Follow the hyperlinks on this page). Exceptions: See criteria for submission guidelines for Chapter Key Award.
- Submissions may be uploaded in the following file types:
- TXT - Plain Text
- HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language, Web pages
- PDF - Adobe’s Portable Document format
- GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF - Formats commonly used on the web
- RTF - Rich text file (most word processors export this format)
- DOC - Microsoft Word
- WMV, WMA, MOV, WAV, AIFF - Multimedia formats
- Submissions should not exceed 10 MB.
- Exception: Entries that cannot be uploaded in the above formats or exceed the 10 MB limit should:
- Award entries must be in English.
- All communication regarding the award nomination will be sent to the primary contact. A valid e-mail address is required for all submitters.
- Once you begin a submission, you will receive an e-mail giving you the submission ID# and password. These can be used if you need to access your submission at any time in the future. The ID# and password will also be helpful if there are any problems with your submission.
- Once the deadline (1 March 2005) for submitting an award nomination has passed, an e-mail will be sent from Sigma Theta Tau International to confirm receipt of the award submission.
- Only complete submissions will be sent for judging. Submissions that are incomplete after the deadline will be withdrawn from the system and will not be sent for review.
Group Entries: The following information of all contributors to a group entry will be requested through the online submission process: name, credentials, professional title, affiliation, member id number, chapter name, region, preferred mailing address, phone number (home and office) and email. All communications will be through the designated primary contact. It is the primary contact’s responsibility to communicate award information to fellow study contributors.
Judging: Qualified judging panels representing strong talent and expertise are appointed.
Notification: Nominees and recipients will be notified of the judges’ decisions by 1 July 2005. Primary contact will be the only person receiving communication from headquarters. The primary contact is responsible for notifying all team members and co-recipients.
Exception: Notification for the Chapter Key Award will occur by 1 September 2005.
Registration, Travel and related Expenses: Each award submission requires a US$40 entry fee. Entries can be submitted in more than one category but each submission requires the US$40 entry fee.
- One complimentary registration for the day of the award presentation will be provided to each winning nomination. (Note: Group recipients receive only one complimentary registration for the day of the award presentation.)
- If the award is presented at a meal function, one complimentary meal ticket for the award meal function will be provided to each winning nomination.
- Exception: Founders Award recipients and Honorary Members receive full complimentary registration for any part of the convention and one complimentary meal ticket for the award meal function. Chapters receiving the Ethel Palmer Clarke Award for Excellence in Chapter Programming will receive two complimentary registrations, including award meal function tickets.
- Award recipients will be responsible for all travel and related expenses incurred for convention attendance.
Presentation: All awards will be presented at the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International 38th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana on 12-16 November 2005. Specific award presentation information will be mailed to each recipient. Group recipients receive only one award; however, additional awards can be ordered at the group’s expense.
back to top
Click on the award for the review criteria in PDF format.
Audrey Hepburn Award for Contributions to the Health and
Welfare of Children
o Audrey Hepburn Award for Contributions to the Health and Welfare of Children
Here to begin an entry to a Audrey Hepburn Award for Contributions
to the Health and Welfare of Children
Clinical Presence Building
o Chapter Community Building
o Chapter Key
Overall Excellenceo Chapter Research
• Layout and Design Excellence
• News Article Excellence
• Special Edition
Here to begin an entry to a Chapter Newsletter Award
o Chapter Spirit of Philanthropy
o Chapter Web Site
Mildred Adams Chapter Heritage
o See Founders Awards for the Ethel Palmer Clarke Award for Excellence in Chapter Programming
Here to begin an entry to a Chapter Award
Here to begin an entry to a Clinical Award
Daniel J. Pesut Spirit of Renewal Award
o Daniel J. Pesut Spirit of Renewal Award
Here to begin an entry to a Daniel J. Pesut Spirit of Renewal
o Dorothy Garrigus Adams Award for Excellence in Fostering Professional Standards
o Edith Moore Copeland Award for Excellence in Creativity
Elizabeth McWilliams Miller Award for Excellence in Research
o Elizabeth Russell Belford Award for Excellence in Education
Ethel Palmer Clarke Award for Excellence in Chapter Programming
o Marie Hippensteel Lingeman Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice
o Mary Tolle Wright Award for Excellence in Leadership
Here to begin an entry to a Founders Award
o Honorary Membership
Here to begin an entry to a Honorary Membership
Here to begin an entry to a Public Media Award
Here to begin an entry to a Nursing Media Award
Melanie C. Dreher Outstanding Dean Award
o Melanie C. Dreher Outstanding Dean Award
Here to begin an entry to a Melanie C. Dreher Outstanding Dean
New Member Awards
o Pillar of Service
o Pillar of Leadership
o Pillar of Professional
Here to begin an entry to a New Member Award
o Research Dissemination
o Research Utilization
o See Chapter Awards for the Chapter Research Advancement Award
Here to begin an entry to a Research Award
Computer-Based Professional Education Technology
Computer-Based Public Education Technology
Technology-Clinical Nursing Applications
Here to begin an entry to a Technology Award
back to top