2021 Honorary Membership
Since 1939, Sigma has bestowed honorary membership upon individuals of national or global influence who have furthered the course of healthcare. Honorary membership is conferred by Sigma’s Board of Directors on those who demonstrate superior achievement in a chosen field and a special commitment to the ideals and concerns of nursing.
Honorary membership is granted to individuals throughout the world who are not eligible for regular membership but have demonstrated sustained superior achievements that have contributed to the advancement of nursing and healthcare at the national or global levels. Any active Sigma member or chapter may nominate an individual for honorary membership.
Nomination process opens: 1 July 2020
Deadline for entries: Submission deadline is 1 December 2020 (11:59 p.m. EST).
Login to a previously begun 2021 Honorary Membership nomination
If you have already submitted a nomination and wish to view, edit, resume, or withdraw the submission, simply login below using the Entry ID# and Password# already provided to you.
o View Criteria
*Entry Deadline: 1 December 2020 (11:59 p.m. EST)
Submission Information and Guidelines
Entry Fee: Each award submission requires a US $50 entry fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
NOTE: The fee structure for members outside the U.S. will be set according to World Bank classifications based on per capita income designated as low, middle and high. All fees paid to headquarters, either by individual members or chapters, will be calculated in U.S. currency.
Sliding Scale for the Honorary Membership Entry Fees
High Income = US $50
Middle Income = US $20
Low Income = US $10
Updated July 2019 based on Country GNI for 2018 per World Bank; effective until July 2020. Sigma's World Bank Country Classifications information
- All award entries and supporting materials must be submitted via this online submission system. (Follow the hyperlinks on this page). Hard copies sent through the mail will NOT be accepted.
- Submissions may be uploaded in the following file types:
- TXT - Plain Text.
- HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language, webpages.
- PDF - Adobe's Portable Document Format.
- GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF - Formats commonly used on the Web.
- RTF - Rich Text File (most word processors export this format).
- DOC - Microsoft Word.
- WMV, WMA, MOV, WAV, AIFF - Multimedia formats.
- Hard copies of supporting materials will NOT be accepted.
- Click Here for supporting document definitions
- Submissions should NOT exceed 10 MB.
- Award entries must be in English.
- All communication regarding the award nomination will be sent to a designated primary contact. A valid e-mail address is required for all submitters.
- Once you begin a submission, you will receive an e-mail giving you the submission ID# and password. These can be used if you need to access your submission at any time in the future. The ID# and password will also be helpful if there are any problems with your submission.
- Once the deadline for submitting an award nomination has passed, an e-mail will be sent from Sigma to confirm receipt of the award submission.
- Only complete submissions will be judged. Submissions that are incomplete after the deadline will be withdrawn from the system and will NOT be reviewed.
Judging: Honorary Membership is judged by Sigma's Board of Directors.
Notification: Award recipients will be notified by letter of the judges' decisions in March 2021.
Presentation: Honorary Membership recipients will be inducted at Sigma's 46th Biennial Convention in November 2021.
For more information about the 2021 Honorary Membership, please contact Kelsey Van Wyk, Awards and Development Coordinator at 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada), +1.317.634.8171 (International), or e-mail email@example.com.
Need Technical Support?
If you have any difficulties, utilizing the online system, please Contact technical support with your questions or comments. Technical support may also be obtained by calling (401) 334-0220 between 8:30 a.m and 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday. Please provide tech staff with your Entry ID#, so we can quickly assist you.
back to top