2018 Honorary Membership
The Honor Society of Nursing bestows honorary membership upon individuals of national or global influence who have furthered the course of health care. Honorary stature is conferred by the society's board of directors on those who demonstrate superior achievement in a chosen field and who demonstrate a special commitment to the ideals and concerns of nursing.
Submission process opens: 1 July 2018
Deadline for entries: 1 December 2018 (11:59 p.m. EDT)
Deadline for entries and modifications has been reached for Honorary Membership: 1 July 2018 - 1 December 2018. Award recipients will be notified by e-mail by 1 March 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the International Awards, contact Sigma headquarters at +1.317.634.8171 (International) or 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free) or email email@example.com.
Login to a previously begun nomination
If you have already submitted a nomination and wish to view, edit, resume, or withdraw the submission, simply login below using the Entry ID# and Password# already provided to you.
Edits and/or resuming a previously begun nomination are only permitted for the current call for nominations.
Submission Information and Guidelines
Entry Fee: Each award submission requires a US $50 entry fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
NOTE: The fee structure for members outside the U.S. will be set according to World Bank classifications based on per capita income designated as low, middle and high. All fees paid to headquarters, either by individual members or chapters, will be calculated in U.S. currency.
Sliding Scale for the Honorary Membership Entry Fees
High Income = US $50
Middle Income = US $20
Low Income = US $10
Updated July 2018 based on Country GNI for 2017 per World Bank; effective until July 2019. Sigma's World Bank Country Classifications information
- All award entries and supporting materials must be submitted via this online submission system. (Follow the hyperlinks on this page). Hard copies sent through the mail will NOT be accepted.
- Submissions may be uploaded in the following file types:
- TXT - Plain Text.
- HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language, webpages.
- PDF - Adobe's Portable Document Format.
- GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF - Formats commonly used on the Web.
- RTF - Rich Text File (most word processors export this format).
- DOC - Microsoft Word.
- WMV, WMA, MOV, WAV, AIFF - Multimedia formats.
- Hard copies of supporting materials will NOT be accepted.
- Click Here for supporting document definitions
- Submissions should NOT exceed 10 MB.
- Award entries must be in English.
- All communication regarding the award nomination will be sent to a designated primary contact. A valid e-mail address is required for all submitters.
- Once you begin a submission, you will receive an e-mail giving you the submission ID# and password. These can be used if you need to access your submission at any time in the future. The ID# and password will also be helpful if there are any problems with your submission.
- Once the deadline for submitting an award nomination has passed, an e-mail will be sent from Sigma to confirm receipt of the award submission.
- Only complete submissions will be judged. Submissions that are incomplete after the deadline will be withdrawn from the system and will NOT be reviewed.
Judging: Honorary Membership is judged by Sigma Theta Tau International's Board of Directors.
Notification: Notifications will be sent via e-mail of the Board's' decisions by 1 March 2019.
Presentation: Honorary Membership recipients will be inducted at Sigma’s 45th Biennial Convention in November 2019.
Sigma Awards Contact Information
For more information about the 2018 Honorary Membership, contact Sigma headquarters at +1.317.634.8171 (International) or 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top